The Fashion Guru Blog originated on Nov. 6, 2008 as a blog simply about fashion. I jokingly called myself “the fashion guru” because I could spot out next season’s trends and styles. Now, it’s transformed into a blog for young women who want to incorporate the boho style in their wardrobe, no matter if they live in Phoenix, the Upper East side, or in Cincinnati. I have grown with this blog over the years, and I hope my readers will do the same.
- My name is Chanél and I live in Massachusetts. (In my head, I live in a huge beach house in Cape Cod.)
- I’m currently a freelance fashion writer and blogger. I’ve been a writer for the past six years. I mostly write for private clients and media sites.
- My personal style is carefree and bohemian. I try to evoke that spirit into everything I wear whether it’s a paisley print tunic, tie dye sunglasses or a bright mod trench coat.
- My style icons are Nicole Richie, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Taylor Swift, Dianna Agron, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelly.
- Even though I love writing and fashion, I majored in healthcare administration.
- I love music. It’s my favorite form of entertainment, even more than movies or TV shows.
- I also enjoy reading about celebrity gossip and pop culture topics.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I could live off Greek and Mediterranean food.
- I love fall and pumpkin flavored everything. Yes, I am that girl.
- I’m a health nut. I love eating healthy and I enjoy working out.
- Batman is my favorite superhero.
- I want to live out my childhood dream about being an author.
- I am working on an edgy young adult series about a group of teens who discover they’re witches as they deal with real life situations. I hope to publish the first book later this year.
(Please excuse my blog as it goes through some changes.)
[Image: m01229 via Flickr Wikimedia Commons]